Innovation and "Design Thinking" expert Engaging stories and practical take-aways
Olympic medalist, TEDX speaker, NBC Analyst and Professor, John K. Coyle, is one of the world’s leading experts in “design thinking” and innovation. Audiences find great value and meaning with his presentations because he offers the unique combination of: 1) rational frameworks and data-driven tools; and 2) emotional activation thru inspired storytelling.
People leave John's programs empowered and motivated to make significant, positive changes in their business and personal lives. His topics build off each other and can be delivered as keynotes or multi-day experiential workshops. Descriptions, video links and credentials are below.
1. Strengths 2.0 - Applying "Design Thinking" to Individual and Team Strengths and Weaknesses. Consider the adage “the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” Is it time for a new approach? Through the metaphor of sport, learn how individuals and teams can use innovation to identify and leverage their unique strengths (and design around weaknesses). Become empowered to: 1) achieve breakthrough performance by doing what you do best; 2) decide what to delegate or outsource; and 3) achieve greater collaboration with customers and colleagues.
2. Resiliency 2.0: Drawing on your own natural sources of strength to flourish in the face of adversity. Humans are naturally resilient beings, but what causes some to rise to repeated challenges, and others to shrink? Explore a new model of resiliency, one where proactive challenges are designed to build capacity for ever greater performance under pressure and adversity, and where focusing on strengths and mindfulness creates increased capacity to perform at even higher levels under stress.
3. Time 2.0 - Going Counterclockwise - Unwind Cognitive Time and Live (Almost) Forever. We know about the time value of money, but do we truly understand the investment value of our time? In this unique mind-bending talk, John shares breakthrough ideas on how to re-think your relationship with time. He will demonstrate that our brains process time in a non-linear manner, and hence, the value of an increment of time is unrelated to its duration. Using both story-telling and data, John explores how to slow, stop and reverse the perceived acceleration of time, and live summers longer than when you were a kid.
4. Innovating the Human Experience (or "The Gift of Time"). John takes his innovation expertise, leveraged by dozens of Fortune 500 companies, and attacks some of life's larger questions. Step by step, John applies creative destruction to our standard operating procedures and assumptions about strengths and weaknesses, stress and resiliency, and time and "chronoception" (how humans experience time). The program includes science-backed data, real life stories, introspective self-analysis, and personal roadmap planning and development.
5. Innovation Leadership Series. Innovation is the key to successful business growth, now and in the future. Do your current and upcoming leaders have the necessary toolset and knowledge to make it happen? Empower them with a data-driven framework and innovation mindset to breakthrough to the next level and beyond. Partnering with your planners and senior executives, John will help you select from these modules to create a series that will deliver the best value to your organization:
-Innovation leadership mindsets and why they matter
- Cultivating a culture of innovation: the role of the innovation leader
- Design thinking overview and activation
- Ideation best practices and practice
- Innovation antibodies (victim vs. creator)
- Innovation culture kryptonite (learner mindset vs. knower mindsets)
- Diversity, inclusion and innovation